Our Passion for XC Soaring is Results Oriented
Soaring pilots have unique opportunities as members of Cu Nim. Our passion for cross-country soaring and pilot development are paying off! Members join a supportive group of mentors and colleagues, and have unmatched opportunities to explore Canada’s most diverse soaring terrain!
Cross country performance at Cu Nim continues to evolve, despite strong challenges through the 2019 OLC Season. The club retained its near-record national rank due to multiple 1,000+km flights in the first of 2 Arcus M’s flying from Cu Nim. The 2020 season should be a good one, with more XC pilots graduation from the Proving Grounds, more comfort with the 2nd Arcus M launching from Black Diamond, and better circumstances.
Eight of our pilots were included in the top 100 Canadian XC pilots on OLC, and our members occupied 1st through 6th at the 2019 Alberta Provincial Soaring Championships, hosted at Cu Nim over the Canada Day weekend.
As a club, we support XC development with an innovative program pioneered at Cu Nim, called the ‘Proving Grounds‘ with defined triangles which build on themselves to introduce the challenge and ease of XC soaring to novice pilots.
Fly with us – further, faster, for more fun!
Visiting Pilots to CEH2
- When overflying, please avoid the CYA 263(S) Advisory Airspace when operations are underway. The possibly many, small, difficult to see sailplanes will have erratic flight patterns. Please attempt to contact us on radio frequency 123.4 MHz to determine if we are operating.
- Powered aircraft are welcome to utilize the Cu Nim airfield at their own risk. The runways are grass and have irregular surfaces, with badgers making large holes in inopportune locations (backfilled by Cu Nim club members on a regular basis during the flying season). Please contact us at 123.4 MHz well in advance of landing. No winter maintenance.
- Runway 07/25
- Preferred runway for most Cu Nim operations
- 3000′ x 300′ turf
- Slight upgrade on 25
- Runway 14/32
- 2300′ x 200 turf
- Slight upgrade on 32
- No services on site
- Airport information
- CEH2 Weather Station (Trends)
- CEH2 Weather Station (Forecast)
- YYC METAR/TAF
- Ruc soundings Skew-T
- Yahoo groups
- 2019 Calendar